top of page

Signature Pillar Candles

Wooden wick candles provide a cosy ambience with their crackling. They burn a bit differently than traditional cotton wicks do. With just a little care and attention, you will enjoy your candle gorgeous scent and flame for many hours.

Pillar Candle

Make sure your wooden wick is about 5mm tall. If the wick is too long, the flame will be too tall and, wax will not pull up the wick and the wick will extinguish or flame will be too high.

Place the candle in a heat-resistant tray or plate to collect dripping wax.

Use a long match or lighter and light the wick across the candle as opposed to at only one end to ensure an even burn. If necessary, you can drag the match or lighter along the top, but once the corner ignites it will slowly stretch out over the width of the wick. Your candles must be in a well-ventilated space, away from draughts and flammable materials.


Don’t move the candle whilst its is burning.


When burning the candle for long period of time you notice your flame getting too low, it may be necessary to extinguish the flame and when cool tap off any excess of burnt wood along the top of the wick. The flame will return to its proper height.


Keep your wood wick trimmed short and free of charred bits. If you don’t have a trimmer, you can always use your fingers tips to remove.



Sometimes it just needs a re-light to allow the wax to start flowing up the wick.


The wick is too far above the surface of the wax. This is counter intuitive, as we think the longer wick will make a bigger flame, but it will not. The longer the wick the harder it is for the wax to flow up the wick.


Make sure the wick is trimmed to the proper height and light as normal.


There is too much ash or burnt section. Gently snap off the excess.


Insufficient melt pool forming at the base of the wick. Carefully make a melt pool at the base of the wick while lighting the candle.


If wick is too short, it may not light and/or get drowned in the melted wax. You can always "dig" around the wick carefully to not break it. 


Never leave your candle unattended. Keep away from pets, children, and flammable items. Do not burn any candle for longer than 4 hours at a time. Concrete base might get hot.


Candle Wise Team

bottom of page